A great idea to spoil yourself or someone you love is to create an at home spa sanctuary or give a spa gift basket. Purchasing these items are much more affordable than a day at the spa and a whole lot closer to home. To do an at home luxury spa treatment, you should focus on touching all 5 senses. Here’s how:
- Sight – Start by clearing out the room. Who can relax when they are looking at clutter? If you are giving a spa gift basket to a friend, you can’t exactly clean her bathroom for her, but you can give her a large enough basket to quickly shove all the clutter into. Flowers, candles, and plants are spa must haves. Think of choosing relaxing colors like whites, pastels, ocean, or sky tones.
- Sound - Give a CD with relaxing music. These can be found almost anywhere in the music and even fitness sections of the store. A “Do Not Disturb” sign is a great addition for those who have to lock themselves away for a rare moment of alone time.
- Smell – This ties into the candles and flowers. Pick scents that de-stress such as lavendar, ylang-ylang, or lemongrass.
- Taste - Add to the spa gift basket a mug and a relaxing herbal tea like chamomile, an organic juice, or her favorite gourmet coffee. Chocolate truffles or chocolate covered strawberries are other great additions. Everyone loves to be pampered.
- Touch – Nothing feels better than a warm fuzzy robe after a hot bath. Add a couple different sizes of plush white towels to the basket. Go for a high thread count cotton for both the robe and the towels. Other ideas to add to the basket are massage oils, scrubs, masks, body butter, etc.
Other ideas to add to the basket are a book, magazine, or a home-made gift certificate “Good for __________ (fill in the blank).” Get creative and be thoughtful. Who wouldn’t appreciate a gift basket full of hand selected luxurious indulgences?